Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Looking For Model Number Of Shower Faucet Think It Is Delta From 1980'S



Hi All,
I'm Hoping someone can identify this Shower faucet model. Thought it was a Delta 600 as it has the same style faceplate but the internals are much different, it is a 2 inch pipe fitting, and the springs/seats are larger than anything I can find. See attached pictures (I think they are attached).
Have scoured the web and had a plumber out but no luck so far. I really only
need the springs/seats, but If I can find a repair/replacement kit number that would be ideal.

Hmmm......
Hi and welcome. You know I worked on hundreds of those and for the life of me cant remember or find the replacement cart.
Its unique in that it has the heart shaped disk.
It wood seem its a delta but I believe its a peerless/delta.
Anyway there should be a part # somewhere on that cart. Take off the handle and look around. Its bugging me that now I need to know....LOL. Then you can just google it. You should get good results.
I will poke around some and see what I could turn up. Post back what you find.

Unfortunately the allen socket is threaded and I can't get those pieces off to check for part numbers. There are two numbers on the plastic pieces in the attached picture, they are the two that basically lock together (B HP 4, and HP 3). This could be a replacement for a brand name, and not the OEM part numbers, the faceplate doesn't have any identifying marks on it.

What # is inside that trim plate?
I am still looking. Have you found anything yet?

Just took it off an looked again, unfortunately, No part number on the trim-plate, just the reverse imprint of the H and C as seen from the outside. Haven't found anything yet, will post if I do. Thanks so much for all your time to date.

Got it. You know I worked on so many of these and it finally came to me. These faucets were common in mobile homes or manufactured home back in the day.
The trim was white because it matched the walls. I believe RV's even used them.
With that said its a Valley.
They make old and new style you may need to match it up. I have not checked but I believe the repair kits are common at the home stores.
Here is an amazon link. You may want to look around and compare packages if you find them locally.
Not sure of the exact part you need. I hope this helps.
Amazon.com: Valley Single Lever Cartridge: Tools Home Improvement

Also here is the handle chrome only that I can find.
Kissler - 46-1989
Also a issue I see is finding the trim plate with the two screw holes at the top. Most valleys are at the bottom or offset.
You know I am kind of stumped here now on what it is because of the trim plate.

Thanks so much for your research, I found this link which notes that you'd need to check to make sure the screw holes are on the bottom. But the parts look spot on. Lots of places to get the cartridges, not so many for the refurb kits. I will need pretty much everything if I want to replace parts other than the seals.
Valley single handle shower replacement parts
If you are ever in the manchester NH area look me up and I will by you lunch!

Yes and scroll down the the Q and A.
Q. The Valley old style (before 1993) escutcheon shows the two mounting holes on the bottom but my existing escutcheon has the two holes on the top. How will this escutcheon work as a replacement for my Valley shower valve?
A. The original old style escutcheons Valley provided with their valves had the screw holes at the top, above the center of the valve. In later years, and up to the present, the only Valley escutcheons made for replacements have the screw holes located below the center of the valve. The original brass rough-in shower valves (part behind the wall) were made with threaded mounting holes both at the top and the bottom but only the top holes were used. The replacement escutcheon will need to be screwed into the bottom threaded mounting holes. Since there is always a possibility the original valves may have not been threaded by mistake, you will need to check to make sure your valve has the available threaded holes to mount the escutcheon. Otherwise you will have to mount the escutcheon upside down. Thus, the temperature indicators will be wrong.
If you are ever in the manchester NH area look me up and I will by you lunch!
Next time I ride up to Laconia....LOL .
Might be 3 years. I was just there 2010. Not that great anymore. Laconia lost its mojo, but I go every 5 years or so.






Tags: looking, model, number, shower, faucet, think, delta, screw holes, mounting holes, trim plate, will need