Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Craftsman Snowblower Manual



I'm looking for a manual for a Crafstman Snowblower. It's model 536.886260. I check on google and it doesn't seem as if they are readily available. I couldn't find anything on Crafstman either. Ideally, a place where I could download one would be good, but even if I have to pay, it might be worth it depending on cost.

If You are looking for a owners manual, or parts, go to www.3sears.com. Punch in your model#, and you will get a break down of parts .... by mech. section........... Hope this helps...

That link doesn't take me to a sears web site. I got some entry form for something or other.

I believe the error was in the site as designated. use www3.sears.com.

Yea, I should have tried the www3, but I didn't think of it. Thanks. I think I'll dive into my issue before I order the manual though in case I need other parts. Anyone know of a place I can actually view the manual without ordering the paper copy? I'd like to have it as a reference, but I don't want 2 orders if I can help it.

chandltp;
I believe;
There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Should be;
There are 01 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Have a good one. Geo

Geogrubb:
Not that this is really related to the topic, but how do you figure it should be 01?

Originally Posted by chandltp
Geogrubb:
Not that this is really related to the topic, but how do you figure it should be 01?
binary goes 1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 etc
so 1 0 =1
0 1 =2
1 1 =3
0 0 1 =4
1 0 1 =5
0 1 1 = 6
1 1 1 = 7
0 0 0 1 = 8
Have a good one. Geo

The Sears part number for the owners manual is F-001088J as found on their website using your model number and is less than $10, plus shipping, of course.

Originally Posted by geogrubb
binary goes 1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 etc
so 1 0 =1
0 1 =2
1 1 =3
0 0 1 =4
1 0 1 =5
0 1 1 = 6
1 1 1 = 7
0 0 0 1 = 8
Have a good one. Geo
All your numbers are backwards..
256 128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1
Binary is read from right to left
01=1
10=2
11=3
100=4
101=5
etc.

Thanks for the information puey61. Looks like I may just have to bit the bullet and tear it down to see what's wrong without the manual and order the manual if needed. Otherwise, I'll order the manual with whatever parts I need.
Maybe someone will be able to point me to a PDF online somewhere, but I think I'll plan on moving forward without it.
I think the whole binary thing has already been worked out, so I won't comment on that again

Sorry, I know of no downloadable manual. But, also, I don't think this will help you out as it appears you have a service issue and not a simple adjustment. You can, however, look up parts on the Sears website and this may be enough to get you through your trouble. The owners manual is useless beyond minor adjustments and periodic simple maintenance. If you have an MTD produced unit then you would need MTD service manuals, if you have a Murray produced unit you would then need a Murray service manual and so on and so forth. And the engine will have yet another service manual depending on the make and model of the engine. You didn't post with your trouble, so perhaps we can help you out with your problems if you let us know.

I haven't done enough troubleshooting to be able to post any details about my problem. All I know is the auger isn't turning and the sheer pins are intact. I can turn the impeller with a stick and the augers turn.
If I get stuck I'm sure I'll be back.
I'm guessing a broken belt for the auger.
However, I figured the manual would have the appropriate replacment part for that. If it not, then I was hoping the manual would have a parts view so I would know if anything was out of place.

Originally Posted by chandltp
However, I figured the manual would have the appropriate replacment part for that. If it not, then I was hoping the manual would have a parts view so I would know if anything was out of place.
You can view an Illustrated Parts List on the sears website that has already been mentioned.

Thanks Azis, I didn't notice that before. That should get me what I need once I find time to take it apart.
I have the www3.sears.com bookmarked, that's a good source for anything sears it appears.

Sorry about the binary stuff, I was wrong.
There are 10 kinds of people, those who admit they are wrong and those who don't.
Have a nice one. Geo

No worries Geogrubb. You're not the first person who has questioned my signature.






Tags: snowblower, manual, manual would, manual would have, would have, Have good, kinds people, kinds people those, order manual, Originally Posted, owners manual, people those